Whether you’re learning remotely, in-person, or a hybrid, these library databases can help you with any homework assignment during the school year. Many of our online resources are available outside of the library, so they’re easy to incorporate into your home or classroom routine. All you need is your Clark County Public Library card!
Elementary School Students
- Explora Primary Schools database is designed specifically for elementary students, provides access to age-appropriate articles and facts for any research papers, class projects or homework. (Grades K-5)
- Gale in Context: Elementary is an easy-to-use digital resource featuring age-appropriate, reliable, curriculum-related content covering a broad range of educational topics.
- NoveList K-8 is designed especially for younger readers by providing reading recommendations for kids in grades K-8.
- TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of eBooks features animated, talking picture books, Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, and exciting games and puzzles.
- World Book Kids offers information on a variety of subjects, including articles, pictures, maps, and educational activities for children with teacher guides.
Middle School/High School Students
- Explora Secondary Schools database is a far better alternative to websites and search engines for students look up articles and facts for research papers or homework. (Grades 6-12)
- Literary Reference Center is extremely useful if you’re researching an author, novel, or poem for school or personal interest.
- Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources on a variety of scientific topics.
- Transparent Language Online offers the most comprehensive language learning solution to quickly and easily learn a language, with a variety of courses and activities, in a flexible program. A email address is need to create an account.
- World Book Students is an online encyclopedia which includes eBooks, videos, activities, primary sources, read-aloud, and translation features.
- High School Students (LearningExpress Library) helps students build classroom and homework skills in math, English language arts, social studies, science and technology.
- World Book Encyclopedia has been a trusted source of information for many years. Search for articles, photos, and much more in this online version of World Book Encyclopedia.
- Grades 4-8 Educator Resources provides skill-building lessons and practice for guiding young learners in Elementary and Middle School.