The Clark County Public Library offers FREE Notary services by appointment.
- Individuals must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and unsigned documents to be notarized.
- Documents must be signed in the presence of the notary public. Library staff will only notarize witnessed signatures.
The following documents cannot be notarized by library staff:
- Mortgage and housing refinance documents
- Final wills
- Notary protests
- Homeland Security I-9 forms
- Titles without buyer address and name
The State of Ohio does not allow Notary Publics to certify vital records and documents. Vital records include but are not limited to passports, marriage certificates, and birth certificates. Notary Publics can notarize a statement by an individual that a photocopy is indeed a copy of the original document in question. Library staff performing notary services on behalf of the library reserve the right to refuse notarizing documents for any legal reason.
This service is currently offered at the Village Branch, 1123 Sunset Avenue, Springfield, Ohio 45505. Call (937) 322-2226 to schedule an appointment today. Notaries adhere to the Ohio Revised Code Section 147 and all other applicable regulations and laws.