Looking for an obituary or article from a local Springfield newspaper, but you live outside of Springfield, Ohio? Clark County Public Library's local history staff can help.
Here is what you need to know:
- Requests can be made through the website (form below) or by mail to:
Clark County Public Library
201 S. Fountain Ave.
Springfield, Ohio 45506
- We have local Springfield newspapers on microfilm dating back to 1860. Use the Ohio Obituary Index to find obituary dates. The Library charges $2.50 per name for obituary look-ups. Look-ups will be done even if the name is not found in the index, as long as you have a death date. The same fees apply.
- We normally send obituaries out by postal mail, however you may choose to receive the obituary by email attachment (jpg of pdf), if requested.
- The charge for look-ups is $2.50 per name for obituaries or $2.50 per article for other newspaper articles. The fee includes postage.
- All requests for obituaries or articles will require pre-payment.
Obituary & Article RequestsRequest Copies of Obituaries and Articles
"*" indicates required fields