May 25, 2021
Clark County Public Libraries to Resume Normal Hours, Introduce New Mask Requirements, Beginning June 2nd
Beginning Wednesday, June 2nd, all Clark County Public Library locations will resume normal hours of operation. The updated hours will be:
• Main Library: M-Th 9AM-8PM, Fri. 9AM-5PM, Sat. 10AM-5PM, Sun. 1PM-5PM
• Branch Locations: M-Th 10AM-8PM, Fri.-Sat. 10AM-5PM, Sun. Closed
Also beginning on June 2nd, the library will not require those patrons that are fully vaccinated to wear masks in our library facilities. We strongly encourage our patrons who are not fully vaccinated, to please continue to wear a mask while visiting the libraries.
According to Library Director, Bill Martino, “As Governor DeWine announced, the vast majority of health orders will be rescinded on June 2, 2021, at 12:01 AM EDT. I feel that pulling back the masking requirements for those patrons who are fully vaccinated and returning to our normal hours of operation, keeps us in line with state and local guidelines."
Other service updates for June 2nd include:
• Patrons will once again be allowed in-person Bookmobile visits with a limit of 2-3 patrons at a time on our Sprinter Bookmobile and 5-6 patrons at a time on our Thomas bookmobile.
Beginning June 14th:
• The Fountain Avenue entrance doors of the Main Library will be open for patron use.
• Masks will be available at all library entrances, for those patrons who chose to wear one.
And beginning July 6th, several of our smaller meeting rooms will be available for patron use.
• Study Rooms 3, 4, and 5 at the Main Library will be available.
• Meeting Rooms 1 & 2 at the Main Library will be available for booking through August 31st, 2021.
• The Rotunda area of the Main Library will be open for patron use.
“All of these things are, per usual, subject to change given any uptick in the severity of the pandemic. I appreciate all of the sacrifices that the community has made over the last year. Hopefully, we are moving toward an end to the pandemic and a resumption of “normal” life” said Martino.