Recently, our patron advocate services became available for patrons, but what does that mean? Here we answer the important question for what our Patron Advocate does.
Our Patron Advocate, Katie Miller, performs case management services within the library. Case Management is a broad term for what Katie does, but some of these things include:
- Help finding food/clothing/shelter (meeting basic needs).
- Helping patrons apply for benefits, like Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security (SSI or SSD), SNAP (food stamps), HEAP/PIPP, etc.
- Help scheduling medical/mental health appointments.
- Help in finding other resources within the community.
- Help in managing mental health crises/providing linkages to emergency services.
- Provide resources/information about mental health.
- And more!
If you have any questions, you can call Katie on her cell phone at (937) 471-0371 or by visiting our Main Branch between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM Monday* through Friday. *Note: Katie will be at our Southgate Branch, 1863 S. Limestone Street, Springfield, Ohio on Mondays from 10 AM-5 PM, starting on Monday, December 4th, 2023.