We want to hear your best spooky story! If you live in Clark County and are a child between the ages of 6 and 18* submit your best, most original scary story. The winner in each age group will receive a trophy
and the opportunity to share their story in person or recorded and shared online. All of those who submit an original story are welcome to attend
the program on October 26th (barring any COVID restrictions). * if 18 must still be in high school
Guidelines – Submissions must be turned in no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, October 10th, 2022
The contest is open to all children in Clark County, ages 6-18*. Stories will be judged on originality, creativity and spookiness (not violent content). Original stories only (use of copyrighted material is
prohibited). Stories will become the property of Clark County Public Library and will not be returned. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. Employees and their families/members of household are not eligible to win.
- Story MUST be written by a child
- Must be an original story & submitted to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, October 10th, 2022
- Story must be sent as a Word document or PDF
- Stories should be approximately 100 to 500 words
- Submissions must include the child’s first and last name, age/grade, address, phone number, and the parent or guardian signature stating that they give permission*
*entries omitting this information will not be accepted
- Limit of one (1) entry per person
- There will be one (1) winner in each age group:
- Ages 6-8 Ages 9-12 Ages 13-18* (*if 18 must still be in high school)
- Must be able to come to the Main Library to receive their award and read the story or be present while library staff reads their story on October 26th, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.
IF (due to COVID restrictions) we cannot have it in person, we would like the winners to be able to submit an audio recording of them reading their original story, with permission from their parent/guardian to post it online (only the first name of child will be given). If not possible, that is fine. We will still post their first name and title of their story.